All Express Entry Draws Will Return to Normal

All Express Entry Draws Will Return to Normal Tomorrow, July 6, 2022

The Honourable Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration confirmed on Twitter that Express Entry draws under the federal high-skilled streams will resume tomorrow, after a pause of over 18 months. This includes the: Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWP), and Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTP).

This is a relief for certain candidates since Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has not invited CEC candidates since September 2021. Moreover, we haven’t seen an FSWP draw since December 2020.

A previous IRCC announcement states that they will process new applications under these streams within the 6-month service standard. “The federal high-skilled processing inventory has been cut by more than half,” added IRCC.

<<Also Read: All you need to know about Express Entry 2022>>

Other major changes we can expect in July 2022

For International Graduates

A new temporary policy will give recent international graduates with expiring temporary status, an opportunity to stay in Canada longer. The Minister of Immigration is now extending post-graduate work permits (PGWP) to international graduates with an expiring PGWP between September 20th, 2021 and December 31, 2022.

Tens of thousands of former international students will now receive an additional open work permit of 18 months. IRCC is now working on a simplified process and will provide further details in the weeks ahead. You can read more about it in the following article:

Other important changes

The following policy changes will take effect this summer:

  • Applicants will not have to remain in Canada during the processing of their application.
  • Applicants who also apply for an open work permit while they wait for their permanent residence application to be processed will be able to get work permits that are valid until the end of 2024.
  • To support family reunification, the immediate family members included in a principal applicant’s permanent residence application who are outside of Canada will be eligible to get their own open work permit.

Assistance with ITAs? Let us help!

If you need help with your Express Entry, PGWP application, or ITA, please fill out the following form. Of course, you may alternatively book a consultation session or fill out our assessment form.

    The highest level of education with issued diploma

    Have you assessed your educational credentials in Canada


    Your knowledge of the English language:

    Your knowledge of the French language:

    Work experience inside Canada in the past 10 years

    Work experience outside Canada in the past 10 years

    Your current job title

    Do you have a job offer in Canada

    Please share more information to help us better assess you:

    Are you currently inside Canada?

    Read this in Spanish 

    Related Posts

    Immigration Agencies in the US and Canada: A Comparison

    May 18, 2024

    Innovation Stream Pilot Work Permit in Canada – IMP C88

    May 16, 2024

    Comparing the Standard of Proof in Canada and the United States

    May 12, 2024

    Updated IMP Codes for Intra-Company Transferees (ICT)

    May 11, 2024

    Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!

    This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.

    The characters and places in the articles:
    All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.

    Important Notes:
    For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.

    Click to read the disclaimer.

    Andrea Neira