Bridging Open Work Permit

Bridging open work permits for some Quebec skilled workers

Quebec skilled worker class (QSWC) applicants who have a permanent residence application under this class can now obtain a BOWP.

A Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) allows applicants to work and remain in Canada. Of course, applicants must meet certain requirements. For example, QSWC applicants can apply if they have passed a completeness check under section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). They also need to meet other eligibility requirements.

Specific eligibility – Quebec skilled workers

Under the terms of the Canada–Quebec Accord, Quebec is responsible for the selection of applicants destined to its province. However, IRCC is responsible for determining admissibility. Moreover, the province of Quebec issues a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) to selected applicants.

According to the updated instructions, applicants in the Quebec skilled workers class are eligible for a BOWP after a completeness check [R10]. Also, they must have a valid CSQ at the time they submit an application for Permanent Residence.

The application process for Bridging Open Work Permit

Most in-Canada applicants must submit their work permit applications online. Of course, BOWP is no exception. However, you may apply on paper if you have a disability or another valid reason that prevents you from an online application.

The process is similar to a regular work permit application. You create an online application and upload all the files and forms. Of course, you may consider hiring a professional if you don’t know how to do it.

Let us help!

If you are in the process of applying for a Bridging Open Work Permit in Canada, you could consider hiring us. Please fill out the following form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, you could book a consultation session.

    Full Name (required)

    Email Address (required)

    Have you entered your email address correctly?

    WhatsApp number (optional)

    Select the service(s) you need (required)

    Do you have a valid status in Canada?

    Do you have family members (i.e. spouse, common-law partner or children?

    Additional information (optional but helpful)

    Read this in Spanish 

    Related Posts

    renewal of expired refugee protection claimant documents

    IRCC resumed the renewal of expired refugee protection claimant documents

    Aug 9, 2022
    Canada's unemployment rate remains at a record low

    Canada’s unemployment rate remains at a record low

    Aug 8, 2022

    The Express Entry process in Canada

    Aug 7, 2022
    The sectors with the most job vacancies in Canada

    Canada’s health care sector reached a record high of 136,800 job vacancies

    Aug 7, 2022

    If you wish to visit or move to Canada, please fill out our free assessment form. We will review it for free, but we will contact you only if we find an opportunity for you. Alternatively, you may book a consultation session. Consultation sessions are not free, but you will receive formal advice from a licenced practitioner.

    Al Parsai, MA, DTM, RCIC
    Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
    Ashton College Instructor – Immigration Consulting
    Author – 88 Tips on Immigration to Canada

    Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!

    This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.

    The characters and places in the articles:
    All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.

    Important Notes:
    For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.

    Click to read the disclaimer.

    Andrea Neira

    Do you have any questions?