British Columbia invited 89 workers in new BC PNP Tech Draw
British Columbia invited 89 tech workers to apply for a provincial nomination, on November 30th. This time, the invitations were issued through the BC PNP Tech, which is a stream under the B.C. Provincial Nominee Program.
The BC PNP Tech offers a pathway to permanent residence for foreign tech workers who have job offers in one of 29 eligible occupations in British Columbia. The offer must be for a minimum of 1 year, and there must be at least 120 days remaining at the time of application.
|Date||Number of Invitations||Category||Minimum Score||Other
|November 30, 2021||89||Skilled Worker – SI
International Graduate – SI
Skilled Worker – EEBC
International Graduate – EEBC
Also, on November 23, British Columbia held two draws through its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). The province invited 357 from the Skills Immigration (SI) and Express Entry BC (EEBC) stream.
It is important to note that British Columbia has now issued nearly 11,000 invitations to apply for provincial nomination. Invited candidates now have 30 calendar days to apply for the nomination.
About the BC PNP Tech Pilot
Tech Pilot applications are typically processed faster than other BC PNP programs, which can take 2-3 months from receipt.
How long will the BC PNP Tech Pilot be offered?
On May 28, 2021, the province announced that the pilot has been extended indefinitely. In the past, the project had extensions of one year. The indefinite extension is a good indicator of the province’s commitment to helping grow the technology sector and recruit international talent.
Requirements and process for the British Columbia PNP Tech Pilot
- The job offer must be for a single job in one of the 29 occupations.
- The job offer must be at least one year in duration (365 days), and there must be at least 120 calendar days remaining on the job offer at the time of application.
- Longer duration job offers, including indeterminate (permanent, or with no set end date) job offers, are also eligible.
- If you receive an invitation to apply, you have up to 30 calendar days from the date of invitation to submit a completed online application. Please visit the Fees page for a breakdown of BC PNP fees.
- If approved, you will receive a nomination certificate (confirmation of nomination) that you can use to apply for permanent residence with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada under the Provincial Nominee Class.
How do I apply to the BC PNP Tech?
In order to apply through the Pilot, candidates must first register online with the BC PNP and they will receive a registration score. Registration is free.
The BC PNP will then (weekly) hold the draws and announce minimum score requirements for candidates to be invited to apply for a provincial nomination.
We strongly recommend you to read the following article:
- The latest PNP Invitations of November
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) – Alternative Immigration to Canada
- Immigration under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) to Canada
You can also read:
Let us Help
If you have a general question about immigration to Canada, please fill out the following form. However, if the question is case-specific, We’ll advise you to book a consultation session. You may alternatively fill out our assessment form.
Read this in Spanish
Follow us on Google news
Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!
This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.
The characters and places in the articles:
All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.
For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.