Major Changes to the Caregiver Program
The Caregiver program, formerly known as the Live-in Caregiver program, will go through an overhaul soon. Therefore, we will soon have two different pilot programs for caregivers. Some changes will occur as early as March 4, 2019.
The Government has now published the pathway for immigration for this group. Read the following article for more information.
The list of some significant changes include:
- When you apply for the work permit, you need to show that you may eventually immigrate to Canada.
- The work permit you receive won’t limit you to a specific employer. In other words, you may change your employers easily.
- Your family may accompany you to Canada.
- Your spouse will receive an open work permit and may work for any employer. Of course, this is subject to conditions.
- Your children may study in Canada.
- After two years of working, you may enter the permanent residency process.
Of course, what you see above reflects the latest newsflash by the immigration authorities. Do you want to stay up-to-date? Sign up to our newsletter! As a result, we will keep you posted on our latest newsflashes and articles.
If you wish to visit or move to Canada or if you have encountered any issues with the immigration authorities, you may fill out our free assessment form or book a consultation session to assess your potential opportunities or offer you immigration, visa, or citizenship advice.
This article provides information of a general nature only. It may no longer be current. It does not give legal advice nor should you rely on it as legal advice. If you have specific legal questions, you should consult a lawyer. If you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment. All the characters in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Any resemblance in names, dates, and places (whether individuals, organizations, regions, or countries) is coincidental.