policy graphic designers

Canada issued a policy that facilitates the entry of certain graphic designers

The government of Canada issued a temporary public policy to exempt some foreign graphic designers from a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).

The policy facilitates the issuance of employer-specific work permits to eligible foreign graphic designers who are coming to Canada. These graphic designers must work on live-action television or film projects and productions. Of course, this includes activities for all production stages, such as pre-production, production, and post-production.

The new policy came into effect on September 10, 2021; and it will be in effect until March 9, 2022. According to the program delivery update, the policy will help the industry meet immediate staffing needs in support of COVID-19 recovery efforts.

Eligibility: Graphic designers working on live-action television or film in Canada

To be eligible under this public policy, a foreign national must:

  1. Submit a work permit application under section R200 or R201 after September 10, 2021.
  2. Intend to work in an occupation that is included in unit group 5241 – Graphic designers and illustrators.
  3. Attend to perform work for one or more named live-action television or film productions in Canada.
  4. In addition, applicants must provide a letter from the employer to support the work permit application in (1). Of course, the letter must meet certain parameters such as details of the named live-action television or film productions. It needs to mention that the applicant’s presence and work are essential to television or film productions. Also, it should contain the wage that the foreign national will be paid.

Further, the television or film productions described must satisfy the criteria for a federal, provincial or territorial tax credit for television or film production.

In addition, eligible foreign graphic designers can work for more than one production during the same time period. However, each production they will be working on must be specified in the letter from the employer.

Work Permit for Television and Film Production Workers

Some time ago, the government of Canada decided to ease up the process of work permits for employees of the TV and film production industry. You can read more about this in the following article:

Please be aware that if you are not eligible to apply under this code, you could potentially apply under any of the following options:

You can also read:

Let us Help

If you are interested in applying to this policy, please fill out the following form. You can also book a consultation session, or fill out our assessment form.

    How many years of self employed experience do you have?

    Was your income from your self-employed activities sufficient to cover you and your dependent family members’ expenses in your home country?

    Can you provide proof of self employed income (e.g; bank statements, invoices, tax return, contracts and reference letters etc)?

    Please give us the title of your artistic or athletic activity in the box below:

    Please share more information to help us better assess you:

    Full Name (required)

    Email Address (required)

    WhatsApp (optional)

    Related Posts

    parents and grandparent

    IRCC sent out the invitations to sponsor parents and grandparents. What to do now?

    Sep 23, 2021
    U.S. land border

    The U.S. land border will remain closed for Canada and Mexico

    Sep 22, 2021
    Foreign Worker and International Students

    Ontario invites Foreign Worker and International Students

    Sep 21, 2021
    Liberal government

    What will the Liberal Party of Canada do about immigration?

    Sep 21, 2021

    If you wish to visit or move to Canada, please fill out our free assessment form. We will review it for free, but we will contact you only if we find an opportunity for you. Alternatively, you may book a consultation session. Consultation sessions are not free, but you will receive formal advice from a licensed practitioner.

    Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!

    This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.

    The characters and places in the articles:
    All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.

    Important Notes:
    For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.

    Click to read the disclaimer.

    Andrea Neira

    Do you have any questions?