Canada published the list of approved educational institutions for in-person studies

Canada has imposed several travel restrictions on foreign nationals. Of course, the main reason is to protect Canadians’ health and safety despite the spread of COVID-90. However, starting from October 20, 2020, some international students may travel to Canada and study in person. Of course, their school must be an approved DLI.

Which international students may travel to Canada

You may travel to Canada if you meet all of the following criteria:

  • You hold a valid study permit.
  • The school you are attending is on the approved list of IRCC.
  • You have a quarantine plan for the first 14 days of your stay in Canada.

The list of approved schools

IRCC has published a list of approved DLIs on their website. Consequently, do not travel if your school is not on this list. Click the following link to explore the list of approved Designated Learning Institutions.

What about my family members

Your spouse, common-law partner or dependent children may also travel to Canada with you. However, they must meet the following requirements:

Keep in mind, this is a fluid situation, and the government policies could change at any time. They could also expand or contract the list of approved schools.

What if I do not hold a study permit but admission from an approved school

Holding admission from an approved school is not good enough. Consequently, you need to apply for a study permit. Of course, you may travel to Canada if both your study permit is valid and your school s on the approved list. Visit the following pages for more information on a study permit in Canada.

Related Posts

TR to PR Pathway updates and statistics

May 9, 2021

Two-week processing time for work permit applications in Canada – Global Skills Strategy

May 3, 2021

Temporary work permit for inside Canada applicants

Apr 29, 2021

Can international students quit their studies in Canada?

Apr 19, 2021

If you wish to visit or move to Canada, please fill out our free assessment form. We will review it for free, but we will contact you only if we find an opportunity for you. Alternatively, you may book a consultation session. Consultation sessions are not free, but you will receive formal advice from a licenced practitioner.

Al Parsai, MA, DTM, RCIC
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
Ashton College Instructor – Immigration Consulting
Author – 88 Tips on Immigration to Canada

Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!

This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.

The characters and places in the articles:
All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.

Important Notes:
For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.

Click to read the disclaimer.

Al Parsai

Al Parsai is a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) in Toronto, Canada. He also teaches the official immigration consulting courses at Ashton College in Vancouver, Canada. Al who holds a Masters degree from Yorkville University is a member of ICCRC and CAPIC organizations. Al, the CEO of Parsai Immigration Services, has represented hundreds of applicants from more than 30 countries to the immigration authorities since January 2011.

Do you have any questions?