How to verify my immigration consultant

How to verify my immigration consultant

We know that sometimes it is difficult to trust people or companies to carry out your immigration process in Canada. This is understandable because there are unauthorized representatives who pretend to be a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC). However, it is not difficult to verify if someone is part of the ICCRC and therefore he/she can legally offer you Canadian immigration advice.

How to verify my immigration consultant

Before I continue with the steps, let me tell you more about the ICCRC. The Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council is the body that regulates Canadian immigration, citizenship, and international student advising services. Further, permitted service providers of these regulated professions are known as Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs) and Regulated International Student Immigration Advisors (RISIAs). [Source]

To verify if your immigration consultant is with the ICCRC, you must follow these steps:

  1. Visit:
  2. Write the name and surname of the immigration consultant: Alireza Parsai.
  3. Click on Search
  4. Verify that the status of the consultant is active as seen in the image below:

How to verify my immigration consultant

3 Tips to prevent fraud

Tip 1: Someone who holds a diploma from an immigration practitioner’s program is not necessarily an Immigration Consultant. Of course, they need to register first with ICCRC in order to offer immigration services for a fee.

Tip 2: An Immigration Consultant must provide you with a retainer agreement/contract before services begin. Both need to sign and date this document (you and the licensed Immigration Consultant). Please, be aware that the retainer must contain Immigration Consultant’s full legal name along with their license number.

Tip 3: If you hired a person for immigration services, you also need to sign a Use of a Representative Form (IMM5476). This person shouldn’t declare they are a friend or family member when they are not.

Relevant articles

    Full Name (required)

    Email address (required)

    Have you entered your email address correctly?

    Your question (required):

    Follow us on Google news

    Read this in Spanish

    Related Posts

    measures for travellers

    Current border measures for travellers entering or returning to Canada

    Oct 17, 2021
    British Columbia

    Latest rounds of invitations: British Columbia, Manitoba, Alberta, and more

    Oct 16, 2021
    Air Canada India

    Air Canada announced a strategic expansion of its India services

    Oct 15, 2021
    Canada invited candidates

    Express Entry: Canada invited 681 PNP candidates in new draw

    Oct 14, 2021

    If you wish to visit or move to Canada, please fill out our free assessment form. We will review it for free, but we will contact you only if we find an opportunity for you. Alternatively, you may book a consultation session. Consultation sessions are not free, but you will receive formal advice from a licensed practitioner.

    Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!

    This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.

    The characters and places in the articles:
    All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.

    Important Notes:
    For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.

    Click to read the disclaimer.

    Andrea Neira

    Do you have any questions?