IRCC aims to receive 40,0000 applications for Parental Sponsorship 2021
|Important (July 20, 2021): IRCC won’t allow new registration for parental sponsorship in 2021. However, they will invite 30,000 more applicants from the group that showed their interest in October 2020. They will issue the invitations in the course of two weeks and starting from Sep 20, 2021.|
Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino confirmed that Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will invite a record number of people to apply under the Parental Sponsorship 2021 program. This program allows Canadian citizen or permanent resident to sponsor their parent(s) or grandparent(s).
This year, IRCC will use the same random selection process as used in previous years. What does this mean? if the person wins the lottery, they invite them to initiate the sponsorship application.
Invitations to apply will be sent over the course of 2 weeks, starting the week of September 20, 2021. Here we tell you the details of the process.
The application process for the Parental Sponsorship 2021
IRCC aims to receive up to 40,000 complete applications in 2021.
– Invitations will begin to be sent on September 20, 2021.
- 10,000 invitations will send to potential sponsors who have already submitted an interest to sponsor form in 2020
- And 30,000 invitations will send to sponsors from the 2021 intake process.
NOTE: All the invitations will aim at the people who entered the pool in October 2020. IRCC won’t open a new pool this year.
Of course, these potential sponsors should check their email account to confirm whether they’ve been selected. They will also be able to check their status online using their confirmation number.
– Those invited will have 60 days to submit their applications using a new Permanent Resident Digital Intake tool. This tool allows applications to be submitted electronically and simplifies the application process.
- IRCC suggests that those not invited should consider applying for a super visa. Clearly, this would allow a parent or grandparent to visit them in Canada for up to 2 years at a time. Further, with this visa, they don’t need to renew their status. Fortunately, a super visa allows multiple entries for up to 10 years.
– In addition, selected candidates need to have their income assessed for tax years 2020, 2019, and 2018. This includes those who applied as part of the 2020 intake. Also:
- It is important to note that, for the 2020 tax year, the income requirement will continue to be the minimum necessary income, instead of the minimum necessary income plus 30%. Further, this will allow regular Employment Insurance benefits and temporary COVID-19 benefits.
- For those who no longer have access to their email account: Further details will be posted on the IRCC website in the coming weeks.
- Misplaced confirmation numbers: these can be retrieved using the Lost My Confirmation Number tool. This will be available online once all the invitations have been sent.
Who qualifies as a sponsor for parental sponsorship 2021?
A parental sponsor in 2021 must meet all the following requirements:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of the sponsorship.
- Resides in Canada, not elsewhere
- Signs an undertaking pledge for 20 years
- Meets the minimum income requirements based on their tax filings
- Not among any of the following groups:
- Subject to a removal order from Canada
- Serving in any reformatory, prison, jail, or penitentiary
- Facing certain criminal issues
- Being an undischarged bankrupt
- Receiving social assistance other than for disability
- Owing money to Canada (Consult with a professional for more information)
Let us help!
We could help you with parental sponsorship application 2021. Fill out the following form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, you may fill out our assessment form or book a consultation session.
<<Read this article in Spanish>>
If you wish to visit or move to Canada, please fill out our free assessment form. We will review it for free, but we will contact you only if we find an opportunity for you. Alternatively, you may book a consultation session. Consultation sessions are not free, but you will receive formal advice from a licensed practitioner.
Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!
This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.
The characters and places in the articles:
All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.
For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.