IRCC finished sending invitations through the Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP)
According to IRCC, there were 182,113 potential sponsors who submitted an interest to sponsor form in 2020. Moreover, IRCC issued 23,100 invitations this year. Immigration officials now expect to receive 15,000 completed applications from the invitations, which were sent between October 12 and October 20.
Invitations were sent to the email address submitted with the interest to sponsor form. Therefore, IRCC recommends checking their emails and their spam folders.
Table of contents
If you no longer have your confirmation number or access to the email address used in Interest to Sponsor form
If you no longer have your confirmation number or access to the email address you used to submit your Interest to Sponsor form, you may utilize the Lost My Confirmation Number tool.
Candidates who are unable to submit their PGP application online
If you are unable to submit your PGP application online for accessibility reasons, please follow these steps:
- Contact IRCC using a web form.
- Under the type of application/enquiry, select technical difficulties from the drop-down menu.
- In the text box, enter the keyword “PGP2022″ on your message’s first line to ensure you get a fast response.
Candidates who did not receive an invitation
If you were not invited to apply, you can consider applying for a super visa. The Super Visa is a multi-entry visitor visa that is valid for up to 10 years. Moreover, it allows people to visit their children or grandchildren for up to 5 years at a time. Major reforms to the Super Visa came into effect on July 2022. The changes include the following:
- The length of stay for Super Visa holders increased to 5 years per entry into Canada.
- Moreover, people who have a super visa also have the option to request to extend their stay by up to 2 years while in Canada. This means super visa holders are now able to stay in Canada for up to 7 consecutive years.
- Canada’s Immigration Minister now has the authority to designate international medical insurance companies to provide coverage to Super Visa applicants in the future. Currently, only Canadian insurance providers can provide the necessary medical coverage that super visa applicants are required to have.
You can read more about this visa, here.
Our Parents and Grandparents Program 2022 article covers all the basics you need to know about this program. Our CEO and Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC), Al Parsai, also recorded a video for you.
- What is parental sponsorship?
- Who qualifies as a sponsor in parental sponsorship 2022?
- Minimum necessary income for parental sponsorship 2022
- Criminal convictions
- Social assistance
- Who qualifies as a co-signer in parental sponsorship 2022?
- Who qualifies as the principal applicant?
- Who qualifies as an accompanying family member?
- Humanitarian and compassionate considerations in parental sponsorship 2022
- Appealing the refusal of an application
Let us help!
We could help you with parental sponsorship application. Fill out the following form, and we will get back to you as quickly as possible. Alternatively, you may fill out our assessment form or book a consultation session with Al Parsai.
Read this in Spanish
Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!
This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.
The characters and places in the articles:
All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.
For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.