Latest Express Entry Draw Invited 613 Candidates for PR
613 immigration PNP candidates were invited to apply for permanent residence in the latest Express Entry draw.
All invited candidates had previously received nominations through a Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). The score cut-off is relatively high because all PNP candidates in the Express Entry pool automatically get 600 points added to their score. This means that without the nomination, the lowest-scoring candidates would only have scores of 137.
It is important to note that, in this round, the tie-break rule applied to candidates who submitted their profiles before June 22 2021 at 20:19:59 PM UTC.
The tie-break rule explains that if more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their EE profiles.
Lately, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has only been drawing PNP candidates from the Express Entry pool. This is the sixth draw in a row targeting candidates from the PNP class. However, Canada has still issued more invitations to CEC candidates this year.
What is Express Entry?
Express Entry is an online system that Canada uses to manage applications for permanent residence under 3 programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP): skilled workers who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade. Applicants are normally young, highly educated, have some work experience, and know English or French.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently. Applicants in this group are normally licensed plumbers, welders, etc.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): skilled workers who have at least one year of full-time Canadian work experience in a professional capacity.
If you are not familiar with these options, please click the links and read the relevant articles. Regardless, you may also find the following articles helpful.
- Comparing Express Entry programs
- Minimum Requirements for Express Entry Canada
- Express Entry Points and CRS Calculator
What to do if you receive an invitation to apply?
If you were invited to apply for permanent residence, you’ll get a message in your account telling you:
- Which program you’ve been invited to apply for
- What to do next
Also, you’ll need to show proof of the information you gave in your EE profile. IRCC will assess whether the information you submit in your application is different from what was in your profile. If the information is false or left out important details, IRCC could:
- Refuse your application
- Find you inadmissible
- Bar you for 5 years from applying to come to Canada for any reason
Assistance with ITAs? Let us help!
Read this in Spanish
Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!
This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.
The characters and places in the articles:
All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.
For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.