Microwave Oven Cake!
I learned this recipe from one my of my readers. Since the outcome is fabulous I decided to share it with you. I must admit that I was sceptical at first but “Tima” explained how I can make a delicious chocolate cake in a microwave oven in less than 10 minutes. I gave it a shot and… voilà! Unbelievable! Look at the images to see the result. I have made some twists to the original recipe to create a juicy tasty cake.
I make this cake in ceramic cups or wine glasses. The following ingredients are good enough for two half-full regular-size or rather 12 oz. wine glasses.
All-purpose flour – 4 tablespoons
White sugar – 4 tablespoons
Coco powder – 2 tablespoons
Egg – 1 large
Milk – 3 tablespoons
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
Baking powder – 1 teaspoon
I also use whipped cream to top the cake as shown in the pictures. You may add a pinch of salt to boost the flavour.
How to Make the Cake
It takes a few minutes to make the batter and then the cake. Follow the simple steps explained below and your cake will be ready in less than 10 minutes.
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, and coco powder) in a bowl. You may sift them prior to mixing to avoid a lumpy batter.
- Add the egg, vegetable oil, and milk. Whisk the ingredients to create a smooth batter. You do not really need a mixer for this purpose a good whisk is all you need.
- Pour the smooth batter in two wine glasses.
- Place the glasses in a microwave oven and bake the cakes for 3 minutes at 1000 watts or the high degree.
- Let the cakes cool down for a couple of minutes and then add whipped cream on top of the cakes.
You may eat the cakes directly from the glasses. You may also use ceramic cups or other microwave-safe containers to make this cake. Make sure not to overcook the cakes as they turn into hard rocks rather than edible treats.