No Visas Required for Emirati Citizens (UAE Citizens) Who Intend to Visit Canada
Starting from June 5, 2018 Emirati citizens (UAE Citizens) do not need visas for visiting Canada. This change affect visits to Canada for the following purposes:
- Transit to the United States or other countries
- Visiting family and friends
- Business visitors (under certain circumstances)
- Workers who are exempt from a Work Permit (such as some professional speakers, performing artists, or professional athletes)
IMPORTANT NOTE: While Emirati citizens do not need visas, they still need to obtain eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization).
These changes have significant positive consequences for Emirati citizens. For example, you could apply for a Work Permit at a Canadian Port of Entry such as Toronto Pearson Airport. If you are an Emirati citizen who would like to visit Canada or work or study in our country contact Parsai Immigration Services.
- Canada National Occupational Classification (NOC)
- Immigration to Canada under the Express Entry system
- Immigration to Canada under the Federal Self-employed Program
- Immigration to Canada for Artists and Performers
- How to get a Visit Visa to Canada?
- Do not sign your child’s passport!
- Definition of spouse for the purpose of immigration to Canada
- Definition of spousal sponsor
- How to move to Canada? General Info
- Some immigration acronyms
“This article provides information of a general nature only. It may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor should it be relied upon. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer. If you are looking for official immigration advice contact us.”