Proof of funds for Express Entry 2022
Every year IRCC updates the minimum proof of funds you need to settle in Canada. The changes are not big, but there is a chance they could affect your eligibility if you don’t pay attention to the numbers.
In this article, we’ll explore the proof of funds for Express Entry that came into effect on June 9, 2022.
- Who needs proof of funds,
- How much money do you need in 2022? and
- What can you present as proof of funds?
Applicants in the following categories need proof of funds as part of their minimum requirements:
– Federal Skilled Worker Program: This program targets people who may economically establish themselves in Canada because of their job experience, knowledge of English or French languages, age, education, and adaptability to Canada.
– Federal Skilled Trades Program: If you apply to immigrate to Canada under this program, you need to show that within the last five years you have had at least two years of work experience. Your job has to be under any of the acceptable skilled trade jobs.
The proof of funds for Express Entry depends on the size of your family. Your family includes yourself, your spouse/partner, your dependent children, and your spouse’s dependent children. You need to include your family even if they are permanent residents or Canadian citizens, or they are not coming to Canada with you.
This table shows the minimum amount you need to immigrate to Canada as of June 9, 2022. If you have more money, you should list the full amount in your profile or application.
|If more than seven persons, for each
additional person, add
According to IRCC, you must get official letters from any banks or financial institutions. These letters must be:
- Printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
- Include your and their contact information
- List outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
You should include for each current bank and investment account:
- Account numbers (with the date each account was opened)
- The current balance of each account
- And average balance for the past 6 months
You can bring to Canada:
- Documents that show property or capital payable to you (stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills)
- Documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money. This includes banker’s drafts, cheques, and money orders.
Of course, this list does not cover every scenario. Nevertheless, it gives you an idea about the proof that you can show.
<<Also Read: LICO Table 2022 – Low Income Cut-Off Canada>>
Let us Help!
If you have any questions about funds for Express Entry 2022 or other issues related to immigration, fill out the following form. However, if the question is case-specific, we advise you to book a consultation session. Alternatively, please fill out our assessment form to explore other options.
Read this article in Spanish
Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!
This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.
The characters and places in the articles:
All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.
For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.