The list of quarantine hotels in Canada: Mandatory stay for air travellers
Canada has imposed more restrictions on travellers to Canada. Starting from Feb 21, 2021, at 11:59 pm, you must follow the new rules if you are travelling by air. One of the main changes is a mandatory three-night stay at a quarantine-hotel. Of course, you may only book a government-approved hotel. Continue reading to learn the new measures and explore the list of quarantine hotels in Canada.
- Introducing the new measures for air travellers
- The list of Quarantine hotels in Canada
- How to book a quarantine hotel room
- The information they need to book the hotel room
- What will the quarantine hotel offer to you?
- Let us help!
Air travellers to Canada must take the following measures (exceptions apply):
- Travel to Canada only if you are exempt from travel restrictions (e.g. certain Canadians’ family members).
- Install ArriveCAN.
- Book an approved quarantine hotel room for three nights before your departure.
- Register the proof of booking in ArriveCAN
- Take a COVID-19 molecular test in less than 72 hours before arrival in Canada. Do not take a rapid test!
- Have a 14-day quarantine plan in place and register it in ArriveCAN.
- Travel to Canada only if you have taken all the previous steps and your COVID-19 test is negative.
- At the time of arrival, give another COVID-19 molecular test at the airport.
- Stay at the quarantine hotel for three days.
- Complete your 14-day self-isolation either in the same hotel or elsewhere.
Of course, if you take all these steps and your airport-COVID-19-test is also negative, then you may step out of quarantine.
The following shows the list of approved hotels. Do not book another hotel for the first three nights of your stay in Canada. However, after the third night, you may switch your location based on your quarantine plan.
- Alberta: Calgary International Airport (YYC)
- Acclaim Hotel
- Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel
- British Columbia: Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Fairmont Vancouver Airport
- Radisson Vancouver Airport
- The Westin Wall Centre, Vancouver Airport
- Ontario: Toronto Pearson Airport (YYZ)
- Alt Hotel Pearson Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport
- Four Points by Sheraton
- Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport
- Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport
- Quebec: Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
- Aloft Montreal Airport
- Crowne Plaza Montreal Airport
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites Montreal Airport
- Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal
You must call GB Travel Canada Inc. by phone to book a quarantine hotel room. The phone numbers are as follows:
- +1 (800) 294-8253 (toll-free within North America)
- +1 (613) 830-2992 (long-distance call from anywhere in this world)
You may call them seven days a week from 8 am to 11 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time). Please note that the only way you can book a quarantine hotel room is by phone.
To book a quarantine hotel room, you must present the following information:
- The traveller’s personal information (name, date of birth, gender, and email address)
- Confirmation of flight reservation
- Arrival date and city
- Special requests and pet information if applicable
- Payment information
Of course, be ready for any other potential questions based on your circumstances.
The hotel will offer the following services to you within those three nights:
- transportation, and
- control measures and infection prevention.
I highly recommend that you plan and call them as soon as possible. Nonetheless, you must contact GB Travel Canada Inc. within 48 hours before your travel to Canada. They receive a lot of calls nowadays, and you may face delays.
If you want us to help you with the process, please contact us via the following form. While we recommend that you do your quarantine hotel room booking yourself, we could assist you with travel exemptions or your visa and immigration needs. Of course, you may book an appointment with me for official advice or fill out our assessment form.
If you wish to visit or move to Canada, please fill out our free assessment form. We will review it for free, but we will contact you only if we find an opportunity for you. Alternatively, you may book a consultation session. Consultation sessions are not free, but you will receive formal advice from a licenced practitioner.
This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.
The characters and places in the articles:
All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.
For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.