Quebec invites 1,602 candidates in August
Quebec held three immigration draws in August 2021. The number of invited candidates exceeded 500 on each round, which is significantly more than any of the other draws conducted this year. Let’s briefly review the last rounds.
- First Round: August 12
- Second Round: August 19
- The Third Round: the largest of the year under the Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program.
The Minister of Immigration, Francization and Integration invited 515 candidates to submit an application for permanent selection. These invitations were for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- their occupation is on the list of targeted occupations and they had a score of at least 591 points in the Arrima expression of interest bank;
- the candidates have a valid job offer outside the territory of the Montreal Metropolitan Area;
- they reside in Quebec as a diplomat, consular official, United Nations representative or representative of any intergovernmental organization operating in the province, and their staff;
- also, they are self-employed.
In this draw, Quebec invited 502 individuals to submit an application for permanent selection. The province invited those who have a score of at least 548. Of course, their occupation must also be on the list of targeted occupations:
- Computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213);
- Electrical and electronics engineers (NOC 2133);
- Industrial and manufacturing engineers (NOC 2141);
- Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers) (NOC 2147);
- Also, Information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171);
- Database analysts and data administrators (NOC 2172);
- Software engineers and designers (NOC 2173)
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174);
- Web designers and developers (NOC 2175); and
This third round of invitations -held via the Arrima expression of interest system- is the largest of the year under the Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program (QSWP). In this draw, Quebec invited a total of 585 individuals. Certainly, these invitations were for candidates with a score of at least 517 in the Arrima pool.
Also, the candidates had a valid job offer outside the Montréal Metropolitan area, and their occupations appeared in the list of targeted occupations. Of course, you can find the full list on the province’s webpage.
Let us Help
If you have a general question about immigration to Canada, please fill out the following form. However, if the question is case-specific, We’ll advise you to book a consultation session. You may alternatively fill out our assessment form.
Read this in Spanish
Follow us on Google news
If you wish to visit or move to Canada, please fill out our free assessment form. We will review it for free, but we will contact you only if we find an opportunity for you. Alternatively, you may book a consultation session. Consultation sessions are not free, but you will receive formal advice from a licensed practitioner.
Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!
This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.
The characters and places in the articles:
All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.
For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.