TR to PR Pathway updates and statistics
|Note: IRCC ended the TR to PR pathway as planned on Nov 5, 2021. Sign up for our newsletter and we will send you the latest updates.|
The government of Canada introduced an immigration option for many temporary residents in Canada. Of course, people know this option as TR to PR Pathway. TR stands for Temporary Residence. PR stands for Permanent Residence. Therefore, this pathway allows particular temporary residents to become permanent residents. This page gives you an update on how this program is progressing. Of course, we will do our best to update the page several times a week.
- What is the TR to PR Pathway?
- What about francophone applicants?
- TR to PR Pathway Updates
- How to apply
- The processing time for TR to PR Pathway
- Let us help!
This program covers a total of three immigration options. The start date was May 6, 2021, and it will end on Nov 5, 2021. However, if a program reaches its cap, IRCC won’t accept new applications. Regardless, here is a list of those TR to PR Pathway options:
- Healthcare workers – cap 20,000 (closed on Nov 5, 2021).
- Essential workers – cap 30,000 (cap reached on July 16, 2021)
- International students – cap 40,000 (cap reached on May 7, 2021)
Visit the following page for more information on these options:
If you are a francophone, you may enroll in any of these programs without the fear of the cap. You must reach NCLC (CLB) 4 or higher under every language skill for the first two immigration options. However, you must have at least NCLC (CBL) 5 or higher under every language skill for the last option. Moreover, the only acceptable French tests are TEF Canada or TCF Canada. Keep in mind the deadline for francophone applicants is the same (i.e., Nov 5, 2021).
The following tables show the statistics of how many applicants have applied so far. Of course, the real-time data could be different. We will try to update the tables frequently to avoid significant deviations:
|Stream||Cap||Submitted Applications||Percentage Reached||Last Update (EST)|
|Health care workers in Canada||20,000||7,155||36% – Closed on Nov 5, 2021||2021-11-11|
|Essential workers in Canada||30,000||30,000||100%||Cap reached on July 16, 2021.|
|International students in Canada||40,000||40,000||100%||Cap reached on May 7, 2021.|
|Cap||Submitted Applications||Percentage Reached||Last Update (EST)|
|Health care workers in Canada||Unlimited||271||N/A – Closed on Nov 5, 2021||2021-11-11|
|Essential workers in Canada||Unlimited||2,054||N/A – Closed on Nov 5, 2021||2021-11-11|
|International students in Canada||Unlimited||4,697||N/A – Closed on Nov 5, 2021||2021-11-11|
The TR to PR Pathway application process is online. Nevertheless, you must fill out all the forms and collect all the documents before applying. Otherwise, you will face delays. The Principal Applicant (PA) must fill out the following forms:
- Schedule 3 – Temporary Resident to Permanent Resident Pathway: Streams A & B and International Graduates (including French-speaking streams) [IMM 0130]
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (separate copies for the principal applicant and all adult dependent family members)
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (separate copies for the principal applicant and all adult dependent family members)
- Supplementary Information – Your Travels [IMM 5562] (one form for the principal applicant and all dependent family members)
Depending on your circumstances, the PA may also need to submit the following. However, consult with your consultant.
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008 DEP]
- Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada [IMM 5604]
- Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409]
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]
The document checklist depends on the specifics of your application. Nonetheless, some of the documents could be the following:
- Copies of the current passport
- Documents showing your presence and status in Canada (i.e. work permit and the stamp of entry in your passport)
- Marital status documents
- Divorce or marriage annulment documents
- Proof of work experience
- Proof of studying in Canada
- A digital photo
- Language test results (i.e. IELTS General, CELPIP General, TEF Canada, or TCF Canada)
Of course, this list is neither inclusive nor exclusive. However, I highly recommend asking a professional to help you to prevent potential mistakes.
IRCC has not posted the processing time for this immigration option. Also, if you refer to their website, there is no estimate on the website. However, we are hoping to see fast processing for this group for the following reasons:
- IRCC intends to reach their promised 401,000 immigrants in 2021
- These applications are online and relatively easy to process
Needless to say, IRCC has not processed any of our clients yet. Of course, we will update this page if we see some movements.
- New open work permit for recent TR to PR applicants
- How to apply to the new TR to PR open work permit
If you believe you meet the requirements for the TR to PR Pathway, please fill out the following form. Of course, we will contact you as soon as we can. However, depending on your situation, we might offer you a proposal, ask you to fill out our assessment form, or book a consultation session with me.
Last update: 2021-11-11
If you wish to visit or move to Canada, please fill out our free assessment form. We will review it for free, but we will contact you only if we find an opportunity for you. Alternatively, you may book a consultation session. Consultation sessions are not free, but you will receive formal advice from a licensed practitioner.
Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!
This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.
The characters and places in the articles:
All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.
For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.