TR to PR pathway close

TR to PR pathway will close on November 5, 2021

The former Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino indicated in an interview that they may extend the deadline of the TR to PR pathway. However, the Canadian government website confirmed today that the temporary resident to permanent resident pathway will close on November 5th, 2021.

The TR to PR Pathway was opened on May 6th to health care workers (cap 20,000), essential workers (cap 30,000), and international students (cap 40,0000). The last two subcategories reached their maximum capacity. However, more than 13,000 of the 20,000 spots in the healthcare stream were unfilled.

New applications will not be accepted after November 5th. Of course, those who previously applied will still be able to sign in to the online portal and view their submission.

An alternative to applying to any category of the TR to PR Pathway

If you are a francophone, you may enroll in any of these programs without fear of the cap. IRCC will accept applications from French-speaking or bilingual candidates (outside of Quebec) until November 5th, 2021. Even though there isn’t much time, here is a list of the streams:

According to our CEO and RCIC, AL Parsai, you must reach NCLC (CLB) 4 or higher under every language skill for the first two immigration options. However, you must have at least NCLC (CBL) 5 or higher under every language skill for the last option, International Students. It is important to note that the only acceptable French tests are TEF Canada or TCF Canada. Also, these results must be less than 2 years old when you apply.


(francophones only)

Cap Submitted Applications Percentage Reached Last Update (EST)
Health care workers in Canada Unlimited 218 N/A – Open until Nov 5, 2021 2021-11-03
Essential workers in Canada Unlimited 1,802 N/A – Open until Nov 5, 2021 2021-11-03
International graduates from a Canadian institution Unlimited 3,757 N/A – Open until Nov 5, 2021 2021-11-03

Check the TR to PR Pathway application process, here.

Let us help!

If you believe you meet the requirements to apply for a PR in Canada, please fill out the following form. Of course, we will contact you as soon as we can. However, depending on your situation, we might ask you to fill out our assessment form or book a consultation session.

    Full Name (required)

    Email Address (required)

    Have you entered your email address correctly?

    WhatsApp number (optional)

    Seletc the option(s) that could apply to you:

    Are you a francophone?

    Do you have a valid work permit and status in Canada?

    Do you hold valid language test results?

    Additional information (optional but helpful)

    Related Posts

    international students are

    International students are experiencing higher wages than before

    Dec 5, 2021
    Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot

    IRCC opens the second phase of the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot

    Dec 4, 2021

    Apply for a visa inside Canada | Inland TRV applications

    Dec 3, 2021
    job vacancies

    The sectors with the most job vacancies in Canada

    Dec 3, 2021

    Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!

    This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.

    The characters and places in the articles:
    All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.

    Important Notes:
    For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.

    Click to read the disclaimer.

    Andrea Neira

    Do you have any questions?