Study in Canada in 2021: options for international students

Canada is a magnet for international students. On the one hand, some of the best educational institutions are in Canada. On the other hand, with two official English and French languages, Canada has a lot to offer to the students. Of course, you could study in Canada as a minor or a post-secondary student. If you intend to study in Canada in 2021, keep reading the rest of this article.

Studying in Canada before 2021

Before exploring studying in Canada in 2021, let’s take a look at some statistics. Of course, the best source is the Minister’s report to the Parliament. According to this report, 827,586 international students held study permits in 2019. However, IRCC issued about half of them or rather 402,427 study permits within that year. Moreover, 11,566 study permit holders became permanent residents in 2019. Unfortunately, the situation in 2020 was different because of all coronavirus-related travel restrictions. Regardless, the schools made changes to accommodate international students, namely:

IRCC also developed several policies to accommodate international students despite COVID-19. Of course, the ultimate goal was to protect the educational institutions, Canadians’ health, and support the students. Here are some of those temporary changes:

Options for studying in Canada in 2021

The cloud of coronavirus is still hanging on our heads. However, considering all the changes, there are lots of opportunities for international students. If you intend to study in Canada in 2021, expect a combination of in-person and online studying. The following links could assist you, make a choice and move forward. Of course, these articles cover studying both as a minor or as an adult.

Let us help!

If you intend to study in Canada in 2021, fill out this form. We will get back to you as soon as we can. However, if your intention is pursuing other options, fill out our assessment form. Of course, you may alternatively book a consultation session with me.

    Full Name (required)

    Email Address (required)

    Have you entered your email address correctly?

    WhatsApp number (optional)

    The nationality of the student

    How old is the student (required)

    Has the student taken an English or French test?

    How knowledgeable the student is in English or French languages (one language is enough)

    Has the student evaluated their educational credentials in Canada?

    How much money the student has to support their living expenses and tuition in Canada for the first year of studies in Canada?

    At which level do you wish to study?

    Does the student have accompanying family members?

    Additional information (optional but helpful)

    Of course, you may click here to explore other options in 2021.

    Related Posts

    help for internationally educated health professionals in Canada

    Proposals to help internationally educated health professionals in Canada

    Dec 6, 2022
    work permits for family members of temporary foreign workers

    Canada is extending work permits to family members of temporary workers

    Dec 5, 2022
    Know the province with the highest net loss due to interprovincial migration in Canada

    Know the province with the highest net loss due to interprovincial migration in Canada

    Dec 4, 2022

    IELTS for entrepreneur work permits, IMP C11, C10, and C12

    Dec 3, 2022

    If you wish to visit or move to Canada, please fill out our free assessment form. We will review it for free, but we will contact you only if we find an opportunity for you. Alternatively, you may book a consultation session. Consultation sessions are not free, but you will receive formal advice from a licenced practitioner.

    Al Parsai, MA, DTM, RCIC
    Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
    Ashton College Instructor – Immigration Consulting
    Author – 88 Tips on Immigration to Canada

    Fill our Free Canada Immigration Assessment Form in your language!

    This article provides information of a general nature only. Considering the fluid nature of the immigration world, it may no longer be current. Of course, the item does not give legal advice. Therefore, do not rely on it as legal advice or immigration advice. Consequently, no one could hold us accountable for the content of these articles. Of course, if you have specific legal questions, you must consult a lawyer. Alternatively, if you are looking for immigration advice, book an appointment.

    The characters and places in the articles:
    All the characters and locations in the articles are fictional, unless otherwise clearly stated. Therefore, any resemblance in names, dates, and places is coincidental.

    Important Notes:
    For our official addresses, trust this website only. We currently do not have offices outside Canada. Therefore, anyone who claims to be our agent is committing fraud. Also, note that we do not issue any work permits or study permits or similar documents. The government of Canada has the sole authority to issue such material.

    Click to read the disclaimer.

    Al Parsai

    Al Parsai is a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (class L3 RCIC-IRB – Unrestricted Practice) in Toronto, Canada. He is an adjunct professor at Queen's University Law School and Ashton College. Al, who holds a Master of Laws (LLM) degree from York University, is a member of CICC and CAPIC organizations. Al, the CEO of Parsai Immigration Services, has represented thousands of applicants from more than 50 countries to the immigration authorities since January 2011.

    Do you have any questions?